- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté onions for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Add garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add beef mince and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally to break up lumps.
- Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until chopped tomatoes have broken down and sauce is thickened.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans and add to chilli. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until beans are heated through.
- Serve chilli beef over steamed basmati rice, in a taco with salad and cheese or on nachos with a spoonful of sour cream on top.
NOTE: this is a medium spiced chilli. To reduce or increase heat of this dish simply alter the amount of chilli powder added.