- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry onion, chilli, garlic, turmeric, coriander and cumin until onion is soft and spices are fragrant. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan and brown lamb.
- Add onion mix, potatoes and tinned tomatoes to the lamb. Mix until combined and then add yoghurt in one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each spoonful.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 – 1 ½ hours until meat is tender. Add water to the curry during cooking if sauce becomes too thick.
- Serve lamb curry with steamed basmati rice and cumin pappadums.