- Heat oil in a large frying pan and sauté onion and garlic on a low heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in curry paste and turmeric and cook for a further minute until aromatic.
- Add rice and capsicum and stir until rice is well coated in spices.
- Add vegetable stock, water and lemon and simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed. (Add extra water if rice begins to dry out).
- When rice is cooked add tuna, peas and coriander and heat through. Serve pilau with pappadums and mango chutney.