- Combine chicken breasts with yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chilli, turmeric and cumin in a large mixing bowl making sure chicken is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place half the cashew nuts in a food processor and process to a fine powder.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large fry pan and add onion, cardamom, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Fry for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add cashew nut powder, tomato puree and chicken stock. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in thickened cream and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and scatter extra cashew nuts and coriander on top.