Become a curry expert at home with Spencers Korma Chicken Curry spice blend. With the perfect blend of authentic herbs and spices, you’ll be cooking up a delicious curry in no time.
Size Available: 27g Kit
How to make you own Indian Korma Curry
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 30 minutes
- 1 Spencers Indian Korma Create a Curry Kit
- 600g Chicken, diced
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Minced Ginger
- 1/2 cup Natural Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/2 cup Water
- 50g Roasted Cashews
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan or cooking pot.
- Fry chicken until slightly brown. Remove browned chicken and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and sliced onion to the same pan and fry ona medium to high heat until onion is a golden pale colour, stirring frequently (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add spice blend and cook for 1 minute.
- Add yoghurt slowly a 1/4 cup at a time, until it is well incorporated.
- Add almond meal and cream to form a thick sauce.
- Return the browned chicken, stock cube and water to the sauce. Bring to a simmer and then cook on a low heat for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Garnish with roasted cashew and fresh coriander and serve with steamed Spencers Basmati Rice.
- For best results use chicken thigh meat.
- For a fully developed flavour, cook one day ahead.
- Vegetarian option – Replace chicken and use cauliflower, carrots and peas.