Become a curry expert at home with Spencers Butter Chicken Curry spice blend. With the perfect blend of authentic herbs and spices, you’ll be cooking up a delicious curry in no time.
Size Available: 22g Kit
How to make you own Butter Chicken Curry
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approx. 30 minutes
- 1 Spencers Butter Chicken Create a Curry Kit
- 600g Chicken, Diced (For best results use chicken thigh meat.)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 Medium Tomato, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Puree
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Chicken Stock Cubes (Dissolve with 1/2 Cup of Water)
- 1/3 Cup Natural Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 50g Roasted Cashews
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs
- Heat oil in a frying pan or cooking pot.
- Fry chicken until slightly brown. Remove browned chicken and set aside.
- Add butter and chopped onion to the same pan and fry on a medium to high heat until onion is a golden pale colour stirring frequently (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes, reduce heat to medium and add spice blend and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the browned chicken and stock to the sauce. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Add yoghurt and cream to form a thick sauce, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted cashews and fresh coriander and serve with steamed Spencers Basmati Rice.
- For best results use chicken thigh meat.
- For a fully developed flavour, cook one day ahead.
- Vegetarian option – Replace chicken and use potatoes, chickpeas and green beans.